Hilco APAC was appointed by Lion Co. to manage the asset remarketing program at West End Brewery, managing the sale of all plant and equipment at the iconic 160 year old South Australian site. Lion chose our team due to our unique global platform and ability to locate buyers throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Hilco Global are renowned as global leaders in the monetisation of assets, providing innovative solutions to support our clients. We are currently managing GSK Pharmaceutical in Australia, and other plant closures in Norway, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Czech Republic, Italy, and Chile.
This project, including a sale transaction structured as an offtake agreement, showcases our team’s ability to apply innovative approaches to create great sale outcomes.
• Our comprehensive Private Treaty sale campaign returned close to $10M in asset sales
• Transactions included an offtake agreement for the sale of the brewhouse to Ostra Distillers. This included an agreement for Ostra to supply product (distilled spirits) to Lion for a period of 3 years. This agreement served to strengthen the long-term and stable co-operative relationship between the two parties, improving the sustainable profitability of Ostra and their longterm production capacity.
• Hilco conducted a global digital marketing campaign,
attracting the biggest names in brewing and beverage production.
• Seeing an opportunity to clear out a holding warehouse & solve a problem for the client, Hilco deployed its own capital in the outright purchase of the ancillary workshop and materials handling assets from Lion directly, demonstrating our
continued commitment to share risk & reward with clients.
• Hilco appointed a dedicated on-site project manager and team that have overseen the safe asset dismantling and extraction process for all buyers. Dozens of inspection tours were undertaken (including virtual tours).
• Hilco as entrusted to manage the complex logistics in removal of major assets, working with multiple site contractors and using comprehensive safety systems.
Beer, cider and RTD production line assets including 500hl Steinecker modern commercial brewery, filtration, bottling, canning, keg lines & fermentation & storage tanks, dual boiler steam plant, refrigeration system.
Want to know more? Speak to one of our asset specialists